I do not wish this chemo on anybody! Its really hard, and I am having to just go into my own world. I am really weak. I constantly have a knot in my stomach and am having a hard time getting any food down. Sounds real fun, doesn't it? What I am finding really helps, is distraction, so if any of my wonderful friends want to come spend a few hours with me, I would love it! I kind of need it right now atleast on my bad week.
The kids went with Grandma and Grandpa Ames for the week and are having a wonderful time. Then come this weekend they are off to San Jose with Aunt Laralee and Aunt Janelle for a few weeks of intense fun! I am glad that they get to have a fun summer. I do miss them, though, they are a great distraction to what I am having to deal with.
Dave and I have been just hanging out. Not sure what to do with a quiet house and a sick wife. Atleast it has been relaxing. On sunday morning Dave razored my head. We had shaved it, but there was still an inch or so on top and that has now been coming out in clomps, so Dave got out my razor and went for it. Its all nice and smooth now and don't have to worry about shedding anymore. That was quite the experience between a husband and his wife. Not as traumatic as getting it shaved off the first time.
3 comments:
I am so sorry you are dealing with this immense trial! My thoughts and prayers are constantly with you. Lots of hugs and love! (side note: the word verfication right below this is "courage")
You are a super-trooper!! Good for you, putting it our there that visitors help as a distraction. Now to challenge everyone who is close enough to do so: PLEASE GO VISIT KELLIE. I wish I were close enough to do just that. But I am not, so you need to do it for me. This is one of those few times where somebody is actually telling us exactly what we can do to help them. It might be hard for you as Kellie IS going through a rough time, but suck it up! Go hang out and talk for a few hours- or watch a movie or something... PLEASE...
Kellie, you are amazing. Keep those rays of sunshine coming and know that your kids are doing great on their adventures. I know you must miss them like crazy. Relax as much as possible and work on beating this thing! HUGS.
You are so optimistic (is this a word?) and I`m soooo proud of you. I really hope you can deal with everything that is put on you. Halte durch Du schaffst es !!
Liebe Gruesse Kerstina & Andi
("somebody" should translate this for you :>)
Post a Comment