So here is the latest...
I haven't really thought about it much the past few months, of course, alot of things get forgotten in this foggy brain of mine:), but Dr. Haslem has been trying to get me on Avastin (a chemo that the FDA took off the market for breast cancer, they are still using it for colon and lung and it costs something like 12,000 a dose). So of course there is a process, and my insurance took 4 months just to deny me. We did plan on that, though, just not that long:(. So I finally got the denial and then friday they sent in all the paperwork to the manufacturer Genontech to see if I qualify for them to help me. I told Dave and Dr. Haslem, that I am not going to worry about if we get it or not, because if I need it then Heavenly Father will make it happen and if I don't get it then so be it.
Well, by 2pm that same day I was APPROVED:)
I guess I need it...
Amazing how that works, isn't it?:) I think I take it the same time I start my Xeloda (oral chemo). So most likely in a few weeks, on a monthly basis and it will be taken "indefinitely", that famous word that I have been hearing alot lately. Not sure what the side effects will be yet, but I do know that it blocks new blood vessels from forming therefore the cancer can't get new blood supplies and keep growing.
Also...I got an email asking for anyone that is on oral chemo to share their story. Right now the oral chemo is covered under prescription but they are trying to pass a bill here in utah to get it covered under medical, like the IV chemo is. So now I am trying to help get that passed. Most likely I will be heading up to the capitol here within the next few months to tell my story. Wish me luck on that one:)
1 comment:
You are such a strong person! Your courage and will to fight are inspiring. You & your family are in my prayers always. Good luck on your trying to get the bill passed !
Post a Comment