This chemo sure is kicking my butt. I literally have not been able to get out of bed. Saturday after getting chemo on friday I had to go back to the old hospital to the IV therapy section and get a neulasta shot. I also ended up getting fluids because I blacked out a few times just getting up in the morning. My white counts were so low before chemo that it was either the shot or a garanteed hospital visit with infection. The neulasta shot is a huge boost of white cells so that you can still get the chemo and not have to wait. The down side is that is caused HORRIBLE bone pain. The pain is in your big bones, legs arms, ribs, its all just horrible. Claritin helps and so do the pain pills, but it just wipes you out. Its wednesday and I am still so weak. I hate what chemo does to me, its very hard to describe just know that you don't ever want to feel it.
I had my last radiation treatment on monday, so glad thats over with. Honestly it isn't bad, especially when you are only doing 10 rounds but there are a few side effects that aren't fun, like causing my IBS to act up and boy is that painful.
I have a break this week from the chemo, so hoping to be able to get some energy back before we go in again.
Today I have not needed my oxygen, such a good sign!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment