Today is my 2 year mark! 2 years!! You know its crazy how fast it really has gone by. I am so glad! To be on this end of things is truly a blessing. Not only the physical trauma but the emotional is completely overwhelming at times! I, of course, want to celebrate and that is what I am doing! I got Alysa off to school and then my sweet friend Kasi came by and we went to lunch. I don't get to see her enough so it was fun to catch up if only for a few minutes. She hasn't been to 25 Main, so went there and had paninis, yum...
When she dropped me off, Dave was home, he had brought me some mums and a card (of course, I had texted him earlier telling him that it would be a great idea to get me some flowers and tell me how awesome I was for making it this far and that he was so grateful that I was still here:)) It still made my day, even if I have to help him along. I think I am going to do it more often... My Mom called earlier this week and told me that she and my sister in laws all knew that this day was approaching and they wanted to celebrate with me. I am really appreciative! So we are going out to dinner and a movie, and I am going to take Bailee with us. I think she needs some time with us as well.
Donovan is so cute, he wanted to celebrate with me so I told him I would go get a pie and He, Alysa and I can celebrate after school with pie. How fun is that! Thanks Kasi for the sourcream lemon pie from Croshaw's, soooo good!!!
I can't forget that I do share this day. Its my grandmother Rhoda's birthday! Don't ask me why it was that I was diagnosed on her birthday, but I was. I miss her alot! I still wonder what it would be like to have her here still. She lived here in St. George, but I didn't get here until way after she had already passed on. Oh well, we'll have to catch up later! Happy Birthday!!
I hope you all have a wonderful day today! I definitely am!
1 comment:
I wish I could be there to celebrate with you as well, Wonder Woman! You are awesome. Hopefully there will be a road trip in my future and I will make it up to your neck of the woods. Good job on prompting Dave. I have to prompt Matt if i ever want an "appreciation" gift as well. :)
Post a Comment