It looks like I am now going in for TWO more surgeries. I went in to my reconstructive surgeon thinking one thing and then he threw me a few curve balls!:) But the more I think about it, I am really glad that he is directing the show. Of course he knows more and understands alot more than I ever will and his job is to make me look the best he can.
I thought for sure I was skipping the whole expander thing, but I guess not! I will be going in once a week to get it filled, then in a few months will replace it with a permanent implant. He is also going to do fat grafting, where fat is liposuctioned from my tummy area and then fills in my breast. So its not just skin and an implant. The stem cells from the fat actually help heal the skin from all the damage that the radiation did. I have seen pictures and the fat really adds so much to the reconstruction, that I feel its worth it. I am really amazed at what they can do, and very grateful as well. I am so young and am excited to feel as normal as possible!
I definitely was not ready for this a year ago. I again am trying not to think too hard about it, cause it freaks me out, but I felt at peace when he was explaining what he would like to do, AND when its all over with I know that I will be grateful that I did it.
I go in for the first surgery on Dec. 5th. Not sure of the down time, but I have been doing my christmas shopping to have it done and ready to go. :) We are keeping things really simple this year.
I can't believe its been a whole year since my surgery and radiation. Time is flying!
We are heading to San Jose for thanksgiving! We didn't get to go last year, I just remember being in bed all day anyway, but still excited to get back to our annual gathering.
Happy Holidays everyone!!!
2 comments:
Are we still on for the two for one surgery? ;)
So glad you are getting this thing wrapped up. Please let me know what I can help with. And I hope you enjoy your holidays?
Of course! I honestly think some of you would enjoy this alot more than me, I wish I could hand it over! Thanks Kasi!
Post a Comment