Sunday, July 31, 2011

I have just been sitting here thinking about all that has happened this past year. Not only with my family but with all those around me! There are so many of us that have been dealing with MAJOR issues this year. From cancer and MS to losing jobs, homes and even loved ones. I have been trying to figure out if its just what happens as you get older or if we are all needing the refiner's fire. I can't help but feel that we are all needing to grow and be refined for something greater. Of course that's how this life works, but I wonder if its more.
I love watching everyone grow. I definitely feel different, and I am trying to figure out who I am now and how I need to be. Its hard trying to get back in to life, you don't realize all the adjustments that happen as you go through traumatic events like this.
I had another survivor tell me that I need to basically get over it and move on. That really hurt! I think she had a hard time with it and that was her way of dealing with it. For me, it has been such an incredible journey and rewarding experience that I just want to remember and keep learning from it. After all that I have gone through, there is no way I can be the same person, and I don't want to be. Besides, I am still dealing with the healing part that comes with this and I am not done even if I wanted to be.
I want to remember these moments in life so that I don't fall back in to old patterns. These experiences are for our good! They help us to be more Christ-like!
I can't even begin to tell you of the blessings that have come in to our lives. "After much tribulation come the blessings", that is the most true statement I know!! There is no doubt in my mind that if we do the best that we can and try to be positive that Heavenly Father will pour down blessings upon us. I like that word "pour", it describes it perfectly how I am feeling it!

No comments: