I cannot begin to tell you how fun it was to volunteer for the ironman. It was alot of work and you had to move very fast (it was a bike station, so of course they were coming by extremely fast and you had to be ready), but it was great! We had most of my family there and alot of friends from the neighborhood. Kourtney took pics, so when I get them from her I can show you all the fun decorating that Heather and her team put up. It looked great!! We all had on our pink (hats, leis, bracelets, ribbons, etc.)
One thing that I was really excited about was that 2 girls from Camp Kesem BYU were there on the morning shift. It totally took us by surprise! Camp Kesem is the charity that we chose to donate the money to from ironman and they in turn came down to volunteer! It was really neat to see them. The kids got to meet them as well, it just made me want to cry! It was just a neat experience all around!!
Loved it and I am pretty sure that we will sign up to do it again next year! The feeling that was there was incredible and to see the participants working their butts off (literally) was so inspiring!! If I remember this right...there was around 1600 participants and around 1300 made it to the finish line! How incredible is that!! St.George has the toughest bike course, it was just an overall neat experience! To be honored and to honor and help those that were trying to accomplish something for themselves!



No comments:
Post a Comment