I wanted to write yesterday, but was having too much fun and didn't get a chance to sit down and write. Yesterday was the 26th of April. One year ago to the day when I received the phone call that said, yes I do indeed have cancer. I am not sure if this plays a part in anything but it is also my grandmother's birthday. A very sweet grandmother who passed away in 1989. I remember her and wish very much that she was still around. I remember her going through the same trials as me. She had cancer as well, and I remember her having to go through chemo and wearing a cute little fleece cap on her head.
It is completely mind boggling to me how one event in your life can completely change everything. I feel like I was whisked away to another realm for the last year and I am now coming back and having to catch up with everyone and their lives. I am very relieved to have this year behind me. One of the most challenging that I have had to date. I honestly hope I don't have to go through anything like it again, because physically I don't know if I could do it. I am grateful though for all that I have learned and the growth that has come. I am just so warn out from fighting so hard that I just want to crash. I am still so tired, and trying to be a mom is not helping me to heal, but what do you do?? I am excited for summer to come so that I don't have to worry about homework and projects.
I just wanted to tell everyone thank you for helping us to get through this year. Everyone has been so wonderful to our family and we could not have done with out all of you!! I hope that I can do my part now and help all of you who may need some extra help in your lives!
I wanted to celebrate so my sister in law Char was sweet enough to get a babysitter (thanks, Megan!) and hang out with me. We went shopping and had lots of fun;) And I tried a new hamburger place, oh my word it was delicious!!!
When everyone got home for the evening we all had pie. My favorite is the sourcream lemon from Croshaws so I bought one to share. I am still enjoying it!
I went to our Breast Friends support group last week, and it was mighty emotional. I can tell that us young ones are really having to adjust to getting back into life. You don't realize how hard you have it until all the sweet ladies who are older than us point out that they haven't had to deal with alot that we have with our young families. I think we have just hit a new phase, but we will get through this.
Relay for Life is this weekend at the college. I signed up as a survivor. I thought it would be fun to just go for a little while and see what was going on. I hear its really fun! I just wasn't ready to do the 24 hour thing.
We are only a week away from the ironman. I am getting excited! It will be a fun day spent with loved ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment