Its hard to explain how scared I am right now for my life, yet at the same time knowing that everything will be alright in the end. All this in between stuff is just killing me!!!
I had my surgery. It went good, I just needed a little more recovery time than originally thought. I was there for 5 days, tues.-sat.. My surgeon was able to get everything out and my plastic surgeon did a wonderful job on on my reconstruction. I can't tell you enough how lucky I am to have all the doctors that I have working on my behalf. They are incredible and I am extremely grateful.
My back decided to show its ugly side when I woke up from surgery, its been very painful, but my doctors were wonderful and have tried to do all they can to get me help for that as well. Right now I have a Physical Therapist coming in from home health to help me get back on my feet.
Last week my surgeon called me to give me my pathology report.
It wasn't good.
Originally we thought she would only need to take 6 lymph nodes, well it ended up being 18. That's ALOT! They were all still full of cancer. The tumor she took out as well was 6cm, still quite large.
Not what we all wanted to hear, the worry most of all being that quite possibly there are still cancer cells out in my blood stream. It also changed my diagnosis from the beginning. You can look up the different staging online to understand how it all works, size, place, how fast it grows, etc.
Instead of being a stage 2b I am now a stage 3c...
If you know how it works stage 4 is the worst and its throughout the whole body. I am very very close to that. I cried! Alot! 2 of my doctors told me that if I was NOT estrogen positive (which I am estrogen positive) they would be really, really worried about me. Even though they are more worried about me than originally.
As of last week, we were just going to keep going, do the radiation and hormone therapy and just keep watching my labs. Well, my oncologist called me first thing yesterday morning and told me that he had been thinking about me all weekend. He decided that we should do a PET scan, which is a whole body scan to see if things had moved in to other parts of my body, particularly the liver, lungs and bones. To just get it done and make us all feel better. I am glad that he called me and glad to be able to have this test to just help us know for sure what we are dealing with and be able to not be afraid.
I should know no later than friday the results, and I will post them.
I am still having a hard time recovering. I am having to sleep in the recliner and still very weak and tired. I cannot wait to get back in my bed and just feel a little normal!
Please just pray that the cancer won't go anywhere else and that we can get this under control, I am getting to the point where I can't handle this anymore. I WANT THIS TO BE OVER WITH!! I have had it!!!
10 comments:
I continue to be moved and impressed by your approach to all of this, Kellie. You are an inspiration to all of us blessed to be in your circle of friends. May God bless you, as well. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong, girl. You WILL blow by this!
Praying...praying praying praying praying praying
I love that first comment. Wish I could express in words the comfort you need at this time. YOU are just so amazing to me, and feel so lucky to have you as my friend. Please know how much you are loved, and know many, many people are praying for you. You CAN BEAT It! Keep that positive attitude!
Love, Kasi
P.S. I almost stopped by your house, looks like you had someone visiting you from California, So I didn't dare stop.
Oh Kellie, that is so sad to hear, I`m totally shaking while reading your last post. I can`t even imagine what you`re going through - we will pray for you and hope for the best. There has to be a POSITIVE solution for all this. Sei weiterhin so positive und voller Hoffnung.
Andi & Kerstina
We love you, Kellie. So sorry to hear you have to fight longer than first thought. You are in our prayers.
That last comment was from Melanie Gubler.
I'm so sorry, I want you to feel better and be able to not worry. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I know you can do it. Our prayers are with you.
Dear dear Kellie, we felt so bad when we read your latest post. We are sorry that you have to go through so much. Just remember how much the Lord loves YOU. I'm sure you are feeling the spirit, it is so powerful when you need it like you do now. You are so amazing. Thank you for sharing with us, we continue to pray for your recovery and for the strength you need to face all of this. You can do it. We believe in miracles. Much love, Judi and Earl
Kellie,
I would love to help in any way. I feel lost in what to do. You are amazing and I know you will get through this, but I am sure it is a lot to handle right now. Love you so much!
Kel~ This is one of those times when my heart just aches for you! I wish there was something more then prayer that I could do for you! You have been such an inspiration to all of us and your faith is endearing....please know or our love for you and your sweet family! Love Ya Girl! Remember just a phone call a way!
Post a Comment