Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Chemo, New Perks!

So I guess every chemo has its perks, right! Well, this one definitely does and its called bone aches. Ooohhh, it hurts, bad. Bad enough for pain meds, and boy do I hate those. What happens is after every chemo (the next day actually) I have to get a neulasta shot (which is an immune booster) and this new chemo and the neulasta shot together really reek havoc on my body. I had to call my doctor and he mentioned he was waiting for me to call, that tells you how much this hurts! Luckily it is only a couple of days, but those couple of days are definitely too much! The nausea wasn't so bad, until I started on the pain pills, so I tried adding ibuprofen and less of the strong stuff, it seems to work. I also had to rub deep blue (an essential oil for pain) on my legs and that helped as well. ONLY 3 MORE LEFT!!!! Believe me I can't wait to have this DONE!!!

Dave brought the kids home on monday! I was so excited to see them and they seemed really excited to be back in their own home. Its amazing how much your children can change in just 3 weeks. Donovan had a huge growth spurt! His face was fuller and his pants are all tight on him! I had just bought clothes for him before he left and now we get to go again. They said he was eating ALOT while he was there! My little boy is sure growing up! I think Bailee could have stayed longer, she was having a great time, but Alysa was really excited to be home and be in her own bed. Bailee the last few days, has been having a hard time, very emotional. I am trying to figure out if its because of having to be away from me, the cancer, if she's just growing up and all the girl changes, or a combo of all three. She is going to be 9 in a few weeks.

My Mom has been here helping me, and its been a huge help. Dave went to Malaysia, its the first time I have been really upset about him going on a trip. I have really needed him here. I had a few panic attacks, but I have been doing okay, because he's gone and I have no choice but to deal with it. Just a few more days and he will be home once again!

No comments: