Saturday, May 8, 2010

I don't like Chemo!

So, I got my port placed on tues. It was a little sore at first, but it is getting better and I am getting used to it. I loved my anesthesiologist! I woke right up afterwards and felt great the rest of the day. I am definitely going to request him for my other surgeries.

I got my hair cut, thanks Kasi!! As soon as I can find my camera I will post a picture. It was hard, because I am having to do this to help with the rest of the process, but it is really cute and so far everyone is loving it! (or just being really nice ;), but I think they all truly like it) It makes it way easier for me to do it. My right arm has been kind of out of commission for the last few days, but its getting better.

I had my first chemo treatment on thursday. I was okay until I got home. I ended up throwing up a few times until I could figure out the meds, but they wanted me to go back in yesterday morning for more fluids and drugs. I think I now have it under control-I am crossing my fingers!!

I just hope this goes by really fast!! I don't like this chemo!!! But it is what it is, right!

7 comments:

Croxall Family said...

Thanks for letting us spoil you and the girls last night. I had a ball and I am so glad that you were able to sleep. I also really really mean that I love you hair. Love you tonz!!!!

Jamie Goudy said...

I thought of you today as I participated in the SLC "Race for the Cure". It's a 5K that the Susan G. Komen foundation does every year. It's amazing how many people come out because they are committed to finding a cure and treatments for breast cancer. I like reading the t-shirts "Of course these are fake, the real ones tried to kill me." was my favorite. There are so many amazing breast cancer survivors! We love you!

Piper said...

You just keep on showing yourself as a ray of sunshine. Keep up your amazingly optimistic attitude- one day at a time!! I am sure your hair looks fantastic, btw.

Lori said...

Been thinking and praying for you all week! I bet your hair looks gorgeous because you are gorgeous!

Kellie said...

Thanks everyone! I am glad you got to participate in the Race of the Cure, Jamie! Thank you for thinking of me. My friends in Boise also did it as well!

miju miju said...

Kellie, just read about your diagnosis and I`m really shocked and sad. I really hope you can fight it and you always have the power to stay strong and to think positive. Find peace in the knowledge that our Heavenly Father knows what you are going through and loves you. We will pray for you. Hugs Kerstina

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.