The best way to describe how this all feels is morning sickness. I have just gotten progressively weaker and I am told that that is how I am going to feel from now on until a while after chemo. I have gotten the nausea under control and that is helping ALOT! There is a point in between the chemo treatments that is called NADIR. Where you experience the lowest of your blood counts. I have wondered if I have hit that point even though its earlier than they say just because of how I have felt the last 2 days. I have felt extremely weak and tired and dizzy. I did get out of the house last night to see Donovan's first baseball game and I made it to our weekly park day with the kids today as well as a neighborhood luncheon. I know that once I get out of the house and my mind is on other things that I will do better. I just have to keep up that mind set and stay busy.
I also need to tell you that Dave is really showing his best colors right now. I am so proud of the way he is stepping up and doing what needs to be done and doing it in a positive manner. There is a peace now in our home when he gets here. He automatically goes into Mr.MOM mode and is doing awesome! Every night he throws in atleast one load of laundry, he does the dishes, gets the kids to straighten up, helps with homework, he goes out and spends quality time with the them and makes sure that I am okay!!!! I am not stressing about the house or the kids and I LOVE it! He now knows what the kids need done for projects, field trips, etc., and is doing his best to work it all in. You know its crazy that it takes a hardship like this to really make someone step up, but he is doing it so well, and I know he is going to learn as much as I am during all this if not more!
Life is going on as normal as can possibly be! The kids are doing great, we are just winding down the last 2 weeks of school and then they can have an incredible summer. They get to spend lots of time with family and friends and they are really looking forward to it!!!
2 comments:
Your attitude will make all the difference! You go girl! You take it easy...no STRESSING!
You are amazing! And I am so happy that Dave has been amazing too. Call me if you need me!
Post a Comment