Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Good Deed!

Here's a story for you:

Last night I had the cravings for a "california chicken burger" from Red Robin. It was just Dave, Alysa and myself as my sister in law had come and taken Bailee and Donovan for a sleep over. It is spring break this week. Well, we had already been out to eat twice this week, and for Dave that was already too much! But I really, really wanted to get out and enjoy a few minutes with just the 3 of us. Sooo, after a few minutes of convincing I got him there.

Alysa insisted on wearing her tap shoes, she was so cute and everyone mentioned it along the way to our table. We sat down and ordered our food. Of course Dave and I had to do what we do best and throw words at each other. I wanted to order a chocolate shake, well he was NOT going to allow that to happen. He was adding the entire week up in his head, and of course it doesn't matter what the total was, he wouldn't like it.;) So he was telling me how awful it was that we were there spending money. You know we do laugh about it as we go, its not always bad, so we were enjoying it as well.

Well, when we were right in the middle of eating our dinner (mine the california chicken, and his the 5.99 special ;)), a waitress from the other side of the restaurant approached and said she had something to tell us. That a couple from one of her tables had pointed us out (the guy with the glasses and the little girl) and wanted to pay our bill! You know it was one of those dejavu moments that felt really surreal. Dave and I just sat there and looked at each other. We asked her if she was sure she got the right people. Of course whoever they were had already left and we did not recognize anyone when we walked in except for our neighbors who were behind us. I even had to ask her if she had recognized anyone in the restaurant and she had no clue either. Our waiter eventually brought us the bill and the change from the $20 they had received (we gave the change to him for a tip).

It was crazy! I was teasing Dave that they must have heard him telling me there was absolutely no way that I was going to order a chocolate shake, and they felt bad for me. He really laughed at that. We also thought that we had the most darling little Alysa and who wouldn't want to help her? I also brought up the fact they I had had a few hard days and Heavenly Father was just watching out for his daughter. Which in the end is what I think likely happened. That it was a random act and we were the recipients.

So, to the givers last night at Red Robin, thank you! It really did make our evening and Dave wasn't so stressed when we left the restaurant. That is huge!!;)

2 comments:

Natalie Bergquist said...

You're welcome. J/K! Seriously, that is AWESOME! He does know you and watch out for you. ;)

Angie said...

Kellie, you are awesome! I'm coming to St George in the next few weeks so we better get together!!