I am soooo excited!!! We have been working on a garden for the past few years, trying to figure it out and tweak it. Well, last year we got a bunch of fruit trees. We figured if we were going to spend time and money on our yard, we might as well benefit from it. If we get too much then we can feed the neighbors, too (actually, that is part of the plan...to give). I keep thinking that one of these days we will be very grateful that we are providing for ourselves at least a little bit, instead of fully relying on a grocery store and things that we have no control over.
We had a drip line put in with our sprinklers a few years back, but with Dave traveling so much we haven't had a chance to get it fully layed out. Well, over the past week, He has been out putting it altogether. We even have enough to fully water our big garden! (I hate going out and watering everyday) Its really going to help when we are gone this summer to SJ. We want to go spend a few weeks out there, right in the middle of the hot season.
I want to do lots of veggies this year. My goal is to do salsa and tomato sauce, and hopefully some fruit. We'll see how much fruit we get! I love spring!!
No comments:
Post a Comment