Sunday, September 14, 2008

So, its been one crazy week! I know we all have those. Friday I got to go out to dinner with a dear friend of mine, Jamie. We were inseparable during our middle school years, but then went our own ways for a while. We ended up being roommates for just a few months when I first moved here to Southern Utah, then she took off again and became a nurse. That's when I met Dave and we started our family. Just this past March she got married, and she has dealt with some serious health issues. I was very excited to see her doing well, and very happy and content with life. Its fun to get with friends you don't get to see very often. I wish I could be closer with alot of the friends that I have made through the years, but it just hasn't been that way for me. I am blessed, though, to have found some wonderful friends through the ward that I am in right now. For the first time in my life, I feel part of a group. I have never had that. And it feels wonderful!

Also this week, I found out that my cousin Jed and his wife Bridgette had a little baby girl, and she was life-flighted to our hospital. So I spent time with them Friday and Saturday night. I am amazed at how resilient these little spirits are. They go through so much just to get here, especially when they are premature. But they heal so quickly and learn amazingly fast how to breathe and eat and do what they need to, to survive in this life. It was a year ago this month that my brother Jackson had his little baby girl here, and in the same room, even. I learned so much about how babies deal with what they are given, so when I went this time, I knew so much more and didn't worry as much. I am sure it helps being a mother of 3. This sweet little girl's name is Willow Berlin, isn't that darling! She is beautiful. All she is working on right now, is learning how to feed and then she can go home. Hopefully tomorrow or the next day will be it.

No comments: