Friday, September 14, 2012

Friends are the Best!

So I found a way to make chemo more tolerable.  Let your friends come with you!:)  Thank you so much Angie for making a hard thing, so much easier!  You are welcome to come kidnap me and spoil me anytime you want! I know you made it funner for everyone there.  It get kind of depressing there and everyone needs a little laughter and sarcasm:)
 First time back in the chemo room, AND my port didn't hurt hooray!!!  I had my surgeon put it up higher, best thing I ever did:)
Now just waiting for the hair to fall out.  Dr Haslem told me not to shave it just yet, because it just might thin out, but I don't know if I could handle stringy hair, I will most like just shave it anyway, so much easier to deal with.  Maybe that will leave me with energy to actually put on makeup and be able to ROCK the Bald!!!

4 comments:

Karen E said...

Hi Kellie,
I wanted you to know that I went to the temple twice this week and put your name on the prayer roll, I know, others may have done the same, but hey, maybe the more the better, eh?
Seriously, I went on Tuesday to do initiatory and again Wed morning to do a session and I dedicated that session to you. I prayed for you all the way through it.
Thanks for keeping up your blog.
Sending love and HUGS your way,
Love.Karen
and thanks to your friend for keeping you UPBEAT at chemo!! YAY FOR FRIENDS!

Kellie said...

Thank you so much Karen, I have no doubt that the prayers are whats keeping me going:)

Jharline said...

My hair always thins and I just add a weft or 3 of hair extentions to thicken it up. If you are interested I can give you more info.

Angie said...

Kellie! Ya know I love you! It was my pleasure to come down and spoil you! It was so worth it to see you smile, laugh, and even a few moments forget that you have Cancer. I hope you like your books, and the clothes are comfy...Visiting with you meant more to me than words can say. You really are one amazing lady, a shining light...so don't forget that. I'm here for you...no matter what. Love you!