Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last expansion!

I just got my last expansion done today!  I wasn't sure if I would be able to expand anymore, my incision was looking really red last time and we had to wait.  But, it was looking great and soft, so far I have filled it up with 630 cc's of saline.  When I go in for my next surgery he will replace it for a regular implant around that same size and also do an implant for my right side as well.

I am feeling so much better!  Now that I am through all the cancer treatments and major surgery, I am breathing easier and able to think more clearly about the reconstruction part.  I definitely wasn't ready for that when I was right in the middle of treatment.  Dave gave me a blessing right before my surgery in December.  I was freaking out!  I'm telling you, you can only handle so many surgeries and needles, etc.  But in the blessing Heavenly Father told me that I would be grateful in the end for this expander and fat transfer.  I know he is proud of me for handling this trial the way I have and He wants me to feel beautiful!  I am more at peace and I am feeling glad that I did it.  I am also loving the flatter tummy! :)

2 comments:

Piper said...

I would not mind that side result, the flatter tummy, but I think I will pray I have to get it through exercise. I don't think I am strong enough to go through everything you have, Wonder Woman!!

Hugs to you, from a distance, since that is the way it has to be for now. :)

Kellie said...

I love you Piper!! I am very grateful to have you as my friend!!