Thursday, February 24, 2011

Life is definitely getting back to normal. Its wonderful! I am back to being a busy Mom and life is crazy again!! I even sang in church last sunday for the first time in a long while. It felt really nice!!

Here is a bit of an update:

I haven't had the opportunity to make it to the dentist in the past year, so I took Alysa and Dave and we went in. Poor Alysa had 2 cavities, but he was able to fill them really easy without doing much. She is now making sure I help her brush every night. So cute!! I was kind of worried, though about my teeth with all the chemo and radiation that I have had. I have been lucky, I have had tons of orthodontic work done, but no cavities. That is until I turned 30 and since then I have just been completely falling apart! ;) So I went in and had to get a temporary crown put on while I waited for my permanent one to be made. Well a few days later pain was radiating throughout my upper and lower jaw, so they got me right in. I took Alysa with me not knowing what would need to be done. Well, he ended up doing a root canal right there. But, he could only gain access to 1 of 3 nerves and there was alot of infection. So the next day I ended up at the endodontist (root specialist). He was able to finish it and pack a bunch of antibiotics down into the canals and build the tooth back up as well. So now I am completely sore and get to wait 3 weeks for the meds to do their job, then get the canals all filled in and then back to my dentist to put on the crown. I am so tired of being poked and prodded!!!! Whew!! Thats just part of the update. ;)

I went into my oncologist for my 3 month checkup (I get to do the 3 month deal for the next few years). My labs looked pretty good. My red platelettes were still the same as last time, so not healing as fast as we would like, but not low enough that he's worried. I think he is getting used to me having to take a little longer for everything to heal. He did an exam on my right side and there was an area that was a little suspicious, plus I am due, he said for an MRI (I get to do an MRI and then a mammogram every 6 months now for the next few years, I am NOT looking forward to it at all!) so I will be getting that done here soon.

Well, my computer decided to crash on me during all this, so I am having to borrow a computer (so fun). I am praying that it can be fixed, so far its looking like that's not going to happen, so our tax return may be going towards a new one.

No comments: