Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I had an end of treatment visit on tuesday. I received a survivor care plan tailored to the treatments that I had received. Its amazing all of the side effects that can happen because of all the chemicals and radiation that I had to receive. Its like a cycle, you treat the cancer with chemo and radiation yet they can also cause second cancers. Now at age 34 I need to be having my heart checked annually. There are also effects to the lungs, bones, skin and other things as well. Its mind boggling to me, but yet I knew this was the route that I needed to take. I know this will be a life-long battle, but hopefully the things I now have to deal with will be a piece of cake!

I know that I have done everything in my power to tackle this! I can sleep at night knowing that it is now in Heavenly Father's hands. I have said this before, but I just feel that this is a trial to help me become a better person, to learn and grow and become the best I can be. There is something about being so vulnerable and humble that it makes for a wonderful teaching moment. The veil has been very thin at times. I can tell I am doing really well right now, because it has closed. It has been an incredible journey and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Granted, I absolutely do NOT want to go through it again!!! ;)

My back is still killing me, I am trying to hold myself back and take it slow in getting back to my life of Mother. It is sooo hard! Its hard to just rest when that is all that I have been doing for the last 9 months.

I want to start participating in the support groups and classes they have for survivors. I am hoping they will be able to come up with some support for the children of cancer patients, maybe that will be what Bailee and I need to be a part of. Maybe we will find a new way to help others in our community, we'll see what happens.








2 comments:

Amy Pratt said...

BIG HUGS Kellie! Lots of love...you are amazing, thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Natalie Bergquist said...

I hope you print off your blog; it's been such an honest amazing journal of this whole thing. Glad it's done and you are a survivor!!! =)