This year the Jubilee of Trees was supporting Breast Cancer, so thought I would tell you about what we experienced there as a family. We had a symposium for all of us survivors that included a doctors panel and a speaker who has had cancer multiple times. She had an incredible story to tell and her little 10 year old daughter wrote a book about her mom having cancer. They brought a girl over from Russia to illustrate it for her. It was really sweet and since I took Alysa with Dave and I she signed one of her books and gave it to us. She now has a non-profit organization that helps out Moms with cancer, it's wonderful what she has done. After the symposium all the survivors did a "pink glove dance" right before the fashion show. Dave, Alysa and I all participated, it was kind of crazy but fun.
We took the kids back that night to see the trees and do some fun activities. Of course we all had to see the tree that was dedicated to Mommy. Thanks Tonie, Barbara and Allyson! The tree they decorated was beautiful! I have never imagined my name in pink, who knew!!! It was a wonderful feeling and I needed the boost it gave me.
No comments:
Post a Comment