Monday, December 27, 2010

Goodbye Cancer!!!

I can't begin to describe to you all that I am feeling right now. I cried all the way to radiation this morning. I cried during radiation and I cried as I left radiation. ;) The techs were really sweet and crying with me. They all gave me big hugs and the doctor commended me for making it through this long arduous trek that I have been on. I am feeling relief that I can now let my body heal. I am feeling a sense of accomplishment that I actually made it through chemo, losing my hair, chemo induced menopause, surgically removing a huge piece of me and radiation. Those things in amongst themselves are huge, but put them all together, HOLY COW!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo past the point of being done with this! The last few weeks I have had to turn on auto pilot and push myself to get up every morning and make it there. The only thing I have left is just one more same day surgery to take out my port and put an implant on my other side. Here's to a new year!!! Goodbye 2010-Hello 2011! It is now time to CELBRATE!!!!

3 comments:

Natalie Bergquist said...

Awesome!!!!! I think you can count 2010 as survival/trial/never again year! =D

luke and kourt said...

What a great way to welcome in the new year! I'm happy for you and hope this year is way better for you and your fam :)

miju miju said...

Kellie, your really survived your trial and now you know that you can DEAL with everything that comes along your way during this time on earth. You made it!!!!
All our love
Andi and Kerstina