Tuesday, November 9, 2010

So, 2 days ago I started itching real bad on my back and of course in the spot I couldn't reach. Well, yesterday I decided to look in the mirror and to my surprise there was a big rash all down the right side. So today I went in to my primary care doctor and guess what it was? SHINGLES! Yeah, here I am feeling the best I have since this whole thing started and I have shingles! Are you kidding me?!! I have heard that they are just horrible and painful. I don't think I could handle it if it gets to that point. So far they just itch, and not terribly bad. My doctor told me she thinks we caught it early enough, so now I am on anti-virals. Please say a prayer for me that this won't get painful and will go away pretty quick! I have had enough pain to last forever!!!

I asked her if I caught it from someone, but she said that the virus lays dormant in your system once you have had the chicken pox, which of course I did when I was a child, and then it comes out when your body is stressed and your immune system is compromised. Well, that fits my description perfectly, doesn't it. Great! Let's just hope it doesn't get worse.

No comments: