Friday, October 22, 2010

So...I have been working on feeling better. Its slow, but I am getting there. I have a physical therapist coming in a few times a week to help me with my arm and my back. I found out I have tendinitis in my left arm. I am thinking it has something to do with the surgery. It has made my recovery a little slower than I was hoping, but I am getting there. Its also really painful during the therapy.

PS--if any of you know anyone that has a recumbant bike or small stationary bike that I could borrow that would really help. I need one asap to start building up my legs.

I got out a few times this week and its really helped. The last few weeks all I have wanted to do was cry and I have had this cloud just hanging over my head. I went in to my oncologist a few days ago and he said he would give me an antidepressant if I wanted it, temporarily. I didn't feel good about it, I have put so much medication in my body and I am hesitant to add more. So I told him lets give me another month and see if I can't just kick it myself. Well, I think just voicing that did something because the last 2 days I noticed a significant difference and its been good.

He also decided to get me started on the tamoxifin (anti-hormone therapy that I get to take everyday for 5 years). He was worried about me not doing anything, because I am not starting the radiation just yet. I was just getting over the hot flashes, and now we get to start again, aagghh! But hopefully only for a few months! ;) I also get to start taking a baby aspirin everyday, to prevent clots. Its crazy all the side effects there are on these medicines, but the benefits really out way them, and I really don't have a choice right now.

They are having a breast cancer run tomorrow morning at Desert Hills High School. So Dave signed He and Bailee up for the 5k. Donovan as of tonight doesn't want to go, but Alysa may ride in the stroller. We even made t-shirts with our family picture on them! I think its great!!

1 comment:

Croxall Family said...

I am so glad that you are finally starting to mend a little. I'm sorry I haven't had time to call you lately, I have had to deal with a few things myself. I hope that you keep pushing forward with that pretty smile on your face. Tell Bailee and Dave good luck on the run. I hope that they had a good time. Keep me updated as best as you can and I will try and call you sometime soon. We love and miss you all. Take Care.