Okay, so I have finished with my tests and my decompression.
I went in to talk to my gastro doctor and he total me literally that I am CURSED! They found a hiatal hernia (where the stomache goes into the esophagus) but that just goes along with my acid reflux. I now officially have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). But what I didn't know was that it affects my esophagus all the way down! If that isn't a curse, I don't know what is! I have anti-spasm meds that are heaven sent when I have an attack, but other than that the only thing he could do for me was a very low dose of an old anti-depressant. Yeah, I am not too sure about that. Right now I am just going to keep doing what I am doing, diet and probiotics, etc. I think of all things knowledge is power and for me, just knowing what I am dealing with is the best medicine.
For my back, I don't know what to think. I did 20 treatments of the spinal decompression! Thanks so much to my wonderful friends who helped me with the kids!!!! But as I was doing them, they would ask me how I was feeling and honestly I don't feel any better. Right now I feel worse than when I started. The physical therapist told me not to go to the chiropractor while I was doing the decompression, so I waited until I was done. So what does my chiro say- that I did it all wrong, that I should have gotten adjusted while doing the decompression. Sooo...who do you believe? That would be myself!!!! They are all conflicting! It is so frustrating!! One thing that I know works... is a massage, love them!!! If anything I will just get those once a month for the rest of my life!!!;) I go into my spinal doctor in another week, and I know he is going to say the cortisone shots. I am very hesitant to do them. Putting a needle right into my spine into a few different spots scares me to death (of course I have had epiderals, not sure how similar they are). I just don't want to become reliant on them. I have heard horror stories about doing it wrong and that once you start you have to keep going and then eventually it doesn't work anymore. I am only 33 years old. I have a lot of years ahead of me!! I want to enjoy life!!!! If anyone has any helps for disk problems I would love ideas!!
So what am I doing right now, I am working out everyday trying to strengthen up my back. I know this much, that strengthening will help alot. So I will work on this much right now!
1 comment:
Tyler has to have the cortisone shots once or twice every couple years and he is a new man. Really it's an easy procedure if you have the right doctor do it. A pain specialist will help make the process painless! He also went to a doctor that does something with muscle retraining and loved it. They say if you do the whole session with that doctor that you shouldn't have to have it done again. And Tyler's pain is in his discs. It might be worth looking into. Good luck, sounds like you have had your share of trials.
Post a Comment