Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Year For Me!

I am learning a lot about my self right now. I have needed to make some decisions about my health, and am learning how to be strong and do what I need to for ME! My few health problems that I have are pretty obvious to myself as well as to certain friends, but when it comes to those I really need support from, its a whole new ballgame! Why is it that way?

When you get married your goal as a couple for this life is to become one. In certain ways that isn't too hard, there is a reason you came together in the first place, but in other ways it is a massive task. I think that as women we try really hard to please our husbands. Now I am not saying that is all of us, but most of us do. We are the ones that hold our families together. Well I have tried to do it my husbands way, but he isn't always realistic. He is an extreme rarity in this world, and I am still at times trying to figure him out! I love him immensely, but now its my turn to do things my way! I know a lot of people think that I am crazy for waiting so long to get things figured out and fixed, but when you are married to someone like Dave it is not that easy. I am telling you he is very unique, I don't even think I can fully describe him for you. I love you, honey!!!

This is my year to take care of me! We feel strongly that there is another child waiting to come to our family, but I need to take care of myself so that I can bring him here and take care of him as well as my other children.

I have already started! It is going to cost quite a bit of money, but at this point it doesn't matter, I am sure that Heavenly Father will help us out! He does want us to take care of ourselves, right? I got an x-ray and an MRI for my back, that I am still hurting from when we did our "amazing race date" last march. I found out today that I have a bulged disk, in 2 different places and that it is treatable, so starts the process of getting that fixed. I also have been suffering for 8 years now with stomach and colon problems that certain individuals keep telling me is all in my head. Whatever! I know how I am feeling and please don't tell me otherwise! I have friends that have seen me first hand in the middle of an attack and are completely believing that I need to figure it out, why is it not so obvious to others? I have already scheduled to have some procedures done to help me figure out that side of it.

I am needing an outlet right now, that's why I am blogging. This is more for me than to share what is going on in my life right now. So goes the different growth stages in life, I feel strongly that I am going through one of those at the moment. I can feel the changes going on inside of me. One of them being, take care of yourself the way YOU feel you should be!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I am proud of you, Kellie! Don't say that you are doing it for your family, or to carry another baby though. YOU are worth doing it for yourself! Yes, your family will benefit from a Mom who feels good, and has the energy to run your house, but embrace your worth and feel good for YOU!!

I feel bad that you don't have the support you need, but it sounds like you have found your inner strength and will figure out a solution! That support and respect might just come with time as you respect and care for yourself.

I hope this next stage goes well for you!!

Kellie said...

Thanks Jenny!!

miju miju said...

Kellie,
do it ! Take care of yourself. I just had a colonoscopy YESTERDAY, because I`m having health problems for a couple of months. And yes we have to take care of ourselves, even if the family can`t see the benefit of it yet. For Andi it is also hard to understand why I can`t just "function" :> and the kids are always nervous and unbalanced when I have to go and see the doctor BUT so am I with my daily tasks, raising the children etc.
I was really touched by your post, because I`m feeling that I`m going through the same process of understanding and learning. Thank you so much and I wish you strength and determination ! (Hope my English is okay)
Kerstina

Kellie said...

Your english is perfect, Kerstina, definitely better than my german. ;) I am also going in for a colonoscopy and a scope the other way as well, when I can get Dave to stay in town for a few days. Thanks so much for your comment. Being a mother is hard, and we have to be perfect in everything. Its hard to take care of ourselves when we are not a priority. But we learn to do what we have to for ourselves!! Good luck, Kerstina! Let me know how it works out for you!!

Hardy Family said...

Awesome Kellie! Hang in there. Your are an amazing friend. I Love you!