Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tulip Surprise!


You know I have finally gotten to the point where I don't celebrate holidays, its not any fun when you have a husband who thinks they are all lame and just makes fun of the whole thing! And when I do try, I just end up devastated or mad or depressed. How fun is that?

Well, this Valentine Holiday I just helped the kids with their valentines for school and got them a cookie from a little friend who was trying to earn some money for her dance costume. I did get Dave to go out for dinner last night for a friend's birthday, so we did get a date night, which was alot of fun! But, that was that! I didn't think anything of it. I even had my visiting teachers come over and they asked me if I got my hubby anything, my reply was "nope, we're done with that, he doesn't want it, so why try!"

Well, the shock of the century!!! I got up this morning and Dave told me "Happy Valentine's Day" and gave me a kiss. My reply was "okay, whatever". (Really I HAVE given Up) . The kids got up and joined us in bed for a while and then we headed to the bathroom to start getting ready for the day and I hear the kids say "whoa, what is that?" "Mom, these are cool flowers!". Yeah, apparently I had gotten a UPS package yesterday and it had been sitting on the front porch. (How was I suppose to know, I didn't even think about it, why would I?). He ended up opening the lid and putting the box where I would see it!

I just sat there STUNNED, seriously!! I didn't know what to say! He actually went online and had these ordered a few days in advance, imagine that one!

They are BEAUTIFUL! I finally told him "thank you, that was really sweet of you!" I still don't know what to say to him. But He was very thoughtful and I do appreciate it.
Thanks Honey! Thanks for thinking of Me today!

5 comments:

Shondell said...

And who ever said good things don't come to those who wait? That's so cool! Tell Dave good job! The tulips are beautiful! I love tulips, I think even more then roses! Hope the rest of your day was fun too!

Miriam H said...

Wow that story even made me tear up a little. Those are so beautiful!! I'm happy for you. Maybe he will see how happy it made you and keep it up!

Richins Family said...

That is awesome! I love the tulips! Hope you had a great day.

Hardy Family said...

Oh that is so sweet of him. I actually bought some at star nursery on Valentine's Day. Dave, your the man!
It's amazing how fast they grow, you can even plant them in your yard in the fall. I love your blog!

Jenny said...

Hi Kellie! You have a great blog! Your kids are getting so big!!