Thursday, November 13, 2008

What's it all about, really?


I am really getting excited about the holidays. I LOVE this time of year! I am definitely seeing things a little differently than I have in the past. With all that has been happening in the world, and now hitting closer to home, it really makes you stop and think about what you have and what life is really about. I have loved getting older. I am learning more about life and understanding it so much more than I ever have before.

I realize that compared to our society we don't have as much as the average person, but compared to the world we are WEALTHY. I have never wanted or desired to be like everyone else and that still holds true today. (Of course I do love my books, and have to have my hair and makeup done, but thats about it) Dave is the same way and even more so. Alot more so (for those of you who know him). My husband is one who truly lives IN the world, but not OF the world. He helps me to not get caught up in the world like so many have lately. He has taught me alot about what is really important in life and what we TRULY need to survive our earthly existence. Which is not a whole lot. That makes it alot easier, I think, when hard times do show up! I am really learning to simplify my life and not make things so complicated. I really appreciate Dave, he is a wonderful example to me and to us all. I wish we could see life more like he does. If that were the case, then I promise you our economic problems that we have right now would NOT exist. He does not Want for anything except a healthy, happy and righteous family. I mean that literally, he does not have a desire for much at all. If we have to ever survive on nothing, I am glad I have Dave, because that's how he already lives his life and he knows how to do that. He is always trying to get me to go without, and I think it will benefit us all one of these days!

Thank you Dave for teaching me and guiding me, even though it is hard sometimes to understand what you already know. You are a great example to Me and the Kids! We are very blessed to be able to learn from you and have you in our lives. I love you!!

(To help you see, everything in this picture is used and reused and fixed over and over! He very, very RARELY buys anything, let alone anything new and even then only if it truly is a need! He doesn't WANT the best or top of the line or whatever, he is just grateful for what he does have!)

2 comments:

Richins Family said...

What a great post. If only the world could understand and live more simply.I love to read your blog. You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Thanks for the reminder to live simply. We have found that through these tough times we have lived on very little, and wonder what we could have done had we lived like this when the economy was better. Dave is a great guy, we can all learn from him