Once a month we get together with some of my side of the family and do Family Home Evening. We have been doing this now for a couple of years. We have really enjoyed it. It seems to be the only time that we get together, so that's good. Last month we got talking and wanted to do a service project. They have been talking alot about school kits at church, so we did those as well as hygiene kits, because of all the hurricanes. We ended up doing around 20 of each. We had it set up on the tables and it only took us about 15 minutes. The kids were great and it was something that was real easy for them to do. We also showed them the church service video to show them what happens to this stuff when we hand it in. I hope they got something out of it.
Also Donovan was the photographer of the evening, most of these were ones he took. Not bad for a 4 year old!
Jackson, Bailee, Avery, Hollie (my cousin Hollie just got into town with her kids, so was able to join us. It was really fun to see her for a few minutes!)
Preston, Ashley, Andrus
Avery, Bailee, Donovan
Showing off some of the hygiene kits. I think they really had fun!
When we were done doing the kits, James and Janeil (my uncle and aunt), had a fun craft for the kids to do out of the Friend.
5 comments:
Hi Kellie,
I am just blog stalking like Erin through Shondell's blog. You have the cutest family. Your blog is darling. I feel bad that I never see you and only live a few houses down. Can I add you to my list?
Angela
What a great thing to do with your family. Your awesome. Hey, anytime you want to get together my hubby is gone too. :)
That is a good idea to do that with your family...I wish my family lived closer! Anyone want to be my family??? jk I won't put anyone through that kind of pain! hahaha No I am glad you were able to do that...
What a good thing for all you guys, something your kids will probably always remember. Way to go.
I'm with Kasi, Heather, & Ang...what a great family, and wonderful thing for your kids! There is nothing better then teaching your kids service. Besides kids are so good at sorting & patterns & all that stuff!
Hey, are you ready to start walking with me in the mornings again yet? It's nice out side! We could go at 9:00 once the kids go to school! Let me know!
Post a Comment